The land at Cams Estate was registered to Earl Godwin in the Domesday Book entry of 1086.
By 1770 Cams Hall was owned by Brigadier General Carnac, the MP for Leominster, who commissioned a new mansion for the estate, the buyer was Peter Delmé. Cams Estate then remained in the Delmé family for a century.
In World War II, the estate was requisitioned by the Admiralty, who occupied the building until 1948. The structure was heavily damaged by the explosion of ammunition barges at Bedenham pier in Portsmouth Harbour which destroyed the roof and blew out all of the windows, leaving it a ruined shell. It was sold in 1951 but left to deteriorate, and fireplaces and roof leading were stolen.
It was bought by Strand Harbour Securities Ltd in 1991. A five year, £4 million restoration was completed in 1996 and the building and surrounding areas became available with business leases, as well as a golf course and a popular wedding venue.
Visit Wikipedia for a more information and full history about the estate